Wednesday 13 July 2011

Bell Boating

This Tuesday I was invited out with Falcon Pack who were going bellboating at Stanborough Lakes as their last meeting of term. First I had to be fitted for my new lifejacket as my mum hadn't signed the form to say I could swim 50m in my hoodie and Akela thought the lifejackets at the lakes might be too big for me!


We got to the lakes and the Cubs put on their lifejackets before they could go on the water. They were divided into two groups and each had a turn paddling up and down the lake. Kaa showed the Cubs how to hold the paddle before they set off up and down the lake. I had a turn holding the paddle before watching from the bank.


After the Cubs had finished their turn in the boat they had a drink and crisps before going home. It was a fun evening and was enjoyed by all the Cubs as well as Will and Ollie our young leaders! I went home with Ollie as I am going shelter building in the woods with River Lea Beavers.

No comments:

Post a Comment