Sunday 21 August 2011

Denmark Adventure

I promised to tell you about our trip to Denmark.

Well where shall I start? It was a County expedition and we stayed at an international site in Denmark where we met Scouts from other countries. It was a great experience for us all.

Because 3rd Ware had 6 Scouts and a Young leader attend I was invited to join in the fun. There were no other monkeys at the campsite but I did meet a friend on the ferry going over.

I enjoyed going on a boat with the Scouts. They kept me well fed with chocolate and entertained me with many board and card games. Thanks to them and their leaders.



Ware and District

Whilst away we took part in may practical things. We cooked on wood fires, chopped the wood, built a swing and had a go in a Blacksmiths forge and at making a bracelet. Not to mention rowing the Viking boat and kayaking.

Our pioneering swing
Cooking
At the Forge
Viking boat

Trying our hand at rowing the Viking ships

Kayaking
We had a day trip to Copenhagen where we toured the city, saw lots of Lego, celebrated a birthday and visited the Little Mermaid.

The Little Mermaid

Another trip out was to Sweden, where we visited the World Scout Jamboree 2011. Here we got to visit the tents from many nations sample their food and drink, take part in their activities, collect souvenirs and meets Scouts and Guides from all over the world.

The UK Fort at the Jamboree
Entering the Jamboree site
All Scout leaders work towards the Wood badge. When they gain this they are a fully trained leader and they are presented with a set of Wood Beads. This usually takes around 3 years to complete. I was allowed to try on a set for size in one of the UK tents.

Look at me!
As you can see we had an amazing time away and all gained from it in many ways. Thanks to everyone who took part and helped create my memories. If any of the 3rd Ware Scouts (or any others) what to contact me and add to the Denmark news then please do.

No comments:

Post a Comment