Wednesday 19 October 2011

Cub Night Hike

Gus’s Night Hike

On Saturday 15th October, when we got to Roger De Clare school, the first thing we did was unpack our sleeping bags and we waited until it was our go to ride on the minibus to the starting place.


Eventually we started the night hike and passed some eerie, sinister, black cows, all dark with bright eyes! Next we got to our first base. What we had to do was collect chocolate from a cup by fishing the cup out of an area with string and an elastic band.


We then carried on walking and we arrived at a base where we boiled water on a Trangia stove. We had hot chocolate. After a while we carried on and walked back to the school. When I got back I felt exhausted and happy.

We watched films then went to bed. My favourite part was fishing out the chocolate and eating it.


By Brandon (Heron Cubs)



I also met "Akela" the new mascot for Falcon Pack and had a chat! I told him what to expect from being a section mascot. He will be busy, but he has company; Snuggles, the Heron mascot will show him the ropes I am sure. I met him at the beginning of the year and he let me know what fun it is having adventures with the Cubs. He was right and I get the honour of joining the Beavers, Scouts, Young Leaders and Leaders as well!.



No comments:

Post a Comment