Sunday 30 October 2011

Night away

As you know I have had lots of nights away this year (I really must count them and get my badges sewn on).

However the most recent one was a little bit different. For those of you who do not know, I spend most of my time living with the GSL and his family and have got to know them all very well and sometimes they take me on extra activities.


At WaGAwood two of his children looked after me, one is a young leader at 3rd Ware and the other is an "Honorary Beaver", she does not actually attend our Beaver colonies (her choice) but goes to Rainbows. However out of necessity, she often attends Beaver events and is in class with lots of the Beavers.


This weekend she had a Rainbow sleepover and I was invited along as a special guest to see how it differed from a Beaver sleepover. Actually it was quite similar - lots of fun and lots of activities to keep us busy.


We went to Cottered (this was where the afore mention Young leader had his first ever Beaver sleepover many many years ago!) and I had a great time.



The theme was holidays and we had a photo taken and made a frame for it, made a place mat, played chinese whispers, went to the shop and bought some badges, ate a stick of rock and fish and chips,  did some washing up, watched a film, played outside and lots lots more.
 
It was great fun. I don't think I will go on one again because my little Rainbow friend will be too old next year but I am glad I got the chance to see what Rainbows do, after all Guiding was started by Baden Powell as well.
 
I now need to ask for my 1 night away badge from Rainbows!

No comments:

Post a Comment