Sunday 13 November 2011

We will remember them

Today our town held the annual Remembrance day parade and church service. I decided that this was one event where I would be a bystander rather than join in. I did not really think it was appropriate for me to parade.

However many of 3rd Ware did. The older Cubs, the Scouts, the Young Leaders and the Leaders joined the other uniformed Groups from our town and surrounding villages and  took part.

The parade starts at one end of town, passes through the High street and into Church for an act of Remembrance. Then the colour bearers and wreath holders stand by the war memorial and everyone else forms up behind. The traffic is stopped and the wreaths are laid.



The parade then falls in and returns to the other end of town before being dismissed.


I was honoured to be taken to observe and say well done to all who took part, especially the Young people who, as usual at this service, acted with decorum and respect.


1 comment:

  1. Well done them - my son paraded with Cubs this morning, my daughter and I were at another remembrance event in our Guiding district that does not include parade.

    ReplyDelete