Friday 2 December 2011

Dickensian Evening


Tonight I was in for a surprise. I was taken to the Town Dickesian Evening and was quite happily helping on the, ever popular, 3rd Ware Bottle stall, when a very smart Victorian gentleman came and spoke to me. I suppose this is only to be expected at a Dickensian evening...


....Then the penny dropped, it was the GSL....that is two weeks in a row that I have seen him in something other than his Scout uniform or camp clothes.

I also had a walk around and visited several stalls run by other Guiding or Scouting groups as well as all the other various local organisations.

The high street was full of happy families wandering around enjoying a crisp December evening , spending some money having faun, knowing that they were helping local charities, schools and organisations.

I also bumped into a bear who was advertising the Hertford pantomime and had my photo taken with him, he was a very friendly bear and made me laugh.

Our stall proved very popular and after our last bottle was won, Ian, one of our Scout leaders stayed on to sell our Christmas stamps.

No comments:

Post a Comment