Tuesday 17 May 2011

Go-Karting


My plans this weekend…I set off for the Lightweight with the GSL and the Scouts on Friday night but managed to take a little bit of time out to attend the Cub Go-Karting.


The Go-karting was held at Chauncy school today and lots of Falcon and Heron Cubs came along.

The Cubs took part in races according to how old they were and there was lots of cheering for each of the Packs. I watched the races from the safety of the side as I was a little nervous about getting run over, but I did enjoy a doughnut that Elspeth had brought along for the Cubs to share as it was her birthday!

All the Cubs tried really hard in their races and Heron Pack got into two of the finals. Falcon Pack drove magnificently in the marathon (well their Akela thought so!) with Cameron as the driver and all the Cubs taking turns to push.

Oliver drove the Heron kart for the Marathon and did really well as it was his first competition. After the Cubs races had finished there was a Leader's race and Ollie and James entered for 3rd Ware as they are our Young Leaders. A speedy start saw them take the lead and as no-one could overtake them they were the champions!


At the end the winning Pack was 2nd Ware Cougars and there were lots of cheers when they received the trophy. At the end I had a turn in each of the karts and had his photo taken with the two Packs.

Many thanks to both Akelas for helping me write this. The final results show Falcons came 6th and Herons 7th overall, with only 1 point between them. Well done Cubs and don't forget to tick off number 139!

3 comments:

  1. Ooops - 2nd Ware Cougar were the winners, not Mowgli.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My PA will be sacked, but in her defence she was not at the Go Karts and so I had help writing this post from some one else this time!

    I will change that detail later but right now have to go to school so I can be passed on to someone to give me a lift to Beavers tonight. Sorry 2nd Ware!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Winning team corrected.

    ReplyDelete