Monday 2 May 2011

ITTH 2011

Can you spot me at the bottom of the flag pole?

After the Royal Wedding I nipped off to Orchard Farm. Several of the 3rd Ware Leaders were on the leadership team for Introduction to the Hills which is a joint event held by Hertfordshire Scouts and Guides. Young people aged between 10 and 14 are able to take part in an action packed weekend at in the Peak District which includes; climbing, cycling, walking & orienteering.


It was quite different to my last trip last week but was just as enjoyable and in Wales I did not get a chance to play the piano!


As you can see in the first photo I was watching one of the Leaders playing and was very impressed by his ability, but then another Leader let me into the secret and showed me that even I, yes me a monkey, could play as well because it is in fact a pianola!


I only knew one of the young people on this trip, a Guide and that was because her brothers are in 3rd Ware, but that was fine and of course I knew several Leaders. A big part of Scouting (and Guiding) is about getting out there and having an adventure; making new friends is all part of that. Most of us were in the same position because the young people came from Guides and Scouts from all over Hertfordshire.



We got to take part in quite a few activities from cycling to rock climbing and I particularly enjoyed the orienteering. The views were spectacular and the company was great.


I even got to meet a few more ex-3rd Ware members and have my photo taken with them. It was a fun filled week end and I know that the Scouts and Guides enjoyed it and would recommend it to their friends and there was even a badge to sew on your blanket at the end of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment