Wednesday 4 May 2011

National Scout Service and Parade


I was very excited to be invited to watch the National Scout parade, in Windsor, with Akela, Gill and Ethan. This is an annual event which award recipients and Queen's Scouts can attend and is a highlight for anyone who does. We took the train from Slough to Windsor; the whole town was full of Beavers, Cubs and Scouts in uniform with lots of different colour scarves. It looked really exciting.



After lunch all of the Scouts went into the castle - I had to go through an X-Ray machine before I was allowed in! That was a new experience for me!

As I have said before, those of us in the monkey family are very good at climbing and so I climbed up a handy pole and watched the Queen's Scouts parade past. It was a good vantage point and I got to see lots.

I even saw Wayne Bulpitt UKCC and Bear Grylls the Chief Scout. Wayne has remarked on my blog before now and I did joke with him that one day I would need to have a photo taken with him!

I sent him a copy of the above photo and he very kindly emailed straight back saying, “Apologies Gus, I didn't recognise you from the back! Hope you had a good day?” Maybe one day I will meet Wayne for real.
Thank you for my special day out and yes Wayne we did have a good day.





No comments:

Post a Comment