Wednesday 8 June 2011

Parliament


Yesterday I was privileged to be invited to attend the Speaker's reception at the Houses of Parliament.



Myself, 3 Scouts and the GSL met with Mark Prisk MP and then ventured into the Parliament building.


Elise says "Today was really exciting because we visited the House of Commons, we had a fun day and met lots of important people and got our photos taken. We had afternoon tea and listened to some speeches. It was a good opportunity and a memorable day...


.....We tried to get Gus in as many photos as possible"


I did also, finally, get to meet Wayne Bulpitt. Hopefully the photo will be emailed to me soon, but for now, here is proof he and I were in the same building!

We had a great day; history, food, drink, good company and a sense of spreading the word about Scouting. I even got to have a rest in The State Bedroom. (This is a room, in the building, which is available to the monarch, they can use it on the night before their coronation.) The bed was moved into the speaker's apartment shortly after WW11.


The Scouts, the GSL and I all enjoyed our day and thank the SA and Mark Prisk for making this possible.  I have to say the Scouts were a credit to us and their manners and behaviour were impeccable!



Scouts and food...no comment!




No comments:

Post a Comment