Saturday 18 June 2011

Wet, Wet, Wet!


As I write this I am still damp from my excursion on last night. The Scout Troop went out on a hike and I spent the entirety of the evening strapped onto the top of Assistant Scout Leader Richard's rucksack. Normally this would have been great as I'm at a good height to see the sights.

Alas on Friday it rained, and rained, and rained some more. It didn't deter the Scouts though - they're a hardy bunch.

Our group left the Scout hut, ascended Hoe Lane and headed out into the countryside to the South of Ware.

We headed out over the A10 and into the grounds of Haileybury college (at which Clement Attlee and Stirling Moss studied, and which also has links, somewhat appropriately, to Rudyard Kipling), before returning back over the A10 and back to then hut via Stansted Abbots, Great Amwell and the New River.

Next time I'll bring a waterproof coat!

No comments:

Post a Comment