Monday 14 March 2011

County Expedition to Denmark

Here I am - ready to travel!
I was with the Scouts yesterday. I went to the Denmark expedition, team building, afternoon. It was very exciting. First of all they made and cooked meatballs, well they were supposed to be meatballs but one group actually turned theirs into burgers. (I am not sure that was intentional!)

The next thing that happened was that they put up tents, with a twist - two people in each group had to be blindfolded, and these were the only people whom were allowed to touch the tent!

The final activity was making a spaghetti tower. Using only four jelly babies and a handful of spaghetti, a raw egg had to be held off of the ground. Those towers looked really interesting, if that's the right word to use!

Finally the parents arrived and there was a presentation informing everyone about the things that will be happening when they get to Denmark. I wish I could go.

One of the young people helped me write this blog entry when he got home from the training afternoon. Many thanks go to him.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Some of our Guides went to Denmark a few years ago and they had a great time. Gus, I think you should hide out in someone's rucksack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to work out a way of going. I just need to persuade a Scout that I am not a cuddly toy, but a Mascot and so it would be cool to take me!

    ReplyDelete