Wednesday 9 March 2011

Pancakes!

Did you have pancakes this week? I did and very nice they were too.

So far this week I have joined Heron Cubs and River Lea Beavers to enjoy two evenings of fun and food. Yes, I was invited to share in Shrove Tuesday (well Monday and Wednesday!). I have also been told that River Ash, Falcons and the Scouts have or will enjoy a pancake or two this week. Third Ware do seem to enjoy their food, which is just as well because so do I!

On Monday I joined the Herons. The highlight of the evening for most of us was the cooking and eating of the pancakes or the pancake race (that was very funny). However for one Cub it was being invested. Charlie sent me an email telling me how excited he was.

"I used to be a Beaver, but now I am 8 years old I have joined the Cubs. On the day I was invested and we made pancakes.

Being invested was really exciting. I am really looking forward to enjoying all the amazing things we will do at Cubs!"

Tonight I went along to River Lea and again I was privileged to witness an investiture. This time a few young people officially made their promises and became fully fledged Beavers. They have now begun their Scouting journey and I wish them well with it.

The pancake making was a fun and noisy affair but we all got to cook and then choose our toppings. We are all a little bit fuller and a little bit stickier than we we were at the beginning of the evening. Jumping bananas. No one told me that the job of being a mascot was so much fun!

Don't forget that cooking is part of the 100 challenge and so that is another tick on the sheet and one step closer to to completing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment