Tuesday 29 March 2011

Helping the Herons - Part 2


I am very excited! Last night I was awarded my Home Help activity badge. Do you remember when I went down to the HQ and helped cook a meal (and then eat it)?  Well tonight I returned and also helped with the other tasks which included litter picking, ironing, window cleaning and sewing badges onto a huge camp blanket.


Our guests tonight were Badger (Beavers), Shere Khan (Falcon Cubs), Rama (GSL) and Oliver (Young Leader). Again they chose from Snuggles menu and were served freshly prepared and cooked food.

I did not have a scarf to iron and so had to disrobe and iron my hoodie. I did have to be careful because I did not want to melt the lettering.

Cleaning the windows was a piece of cake. Monkeys are very good at that. Does that surprise you? Well we are, because we like to clamber all over the place and it is a whole lot nicer if we can see through the glass, don't you think?

I helped with the sewing on of the badges. Did you know I have my own camp blanket? So far it does not have many badges, but Rama, the GSL, has said that I can have my nights away badge for the Beaver Sleepover and my Hikes away for the hike I undertook with River Ash. Akela has now awarded me the home help and so it is going to look pretty good with a selection of badges. I just need to persuade some one to sew the badges on, because I really am not very good at it!

I had a great evening with the Herons and want to say thank you to them for always making me so welcome. Everyone from Akela to the Young Leaders, from the Sixers to the newest Cub always welcome me and make sure I get to join in with everything. They also like to eat and that always goes down well in my book!


No comments:

Post a Comment