Monday 14 February 2011

Football crazy!


On Saturday, I went straight from the Beaver Sleepover to a Football match. It was the first I had ever been too. Every year Watford FC hold a special Scout and Guide match and members of 3rd Ware go to support them. It is usually a great day.


Adam wrote "I took Gus to the Scouts and Guides day at Watford football club. We were one of the first in the ground. Our seats were four rows back from the pitch in the Lower Rous stand. Watford was playing Burnley FC. The game ended up as a 3-1 win to Burnley.


There were a lot of football songs and loads of banging on a big drum during game  from the fans and the mascot.  Gus was lucky he was able to have his own seat because  nobody was in the rows in front of us. My dad took a few photo of me, Gus and Jack who is also a 3rd Ware Cub . It was disappointing that Watford lost but it was a good afternoon out!
 

Thank you to Adam, Jack and the others for letting me go with them to the match and, even if the final score was not in our favour, I would still recommend you go next year and soak up the atmosphere, get your face painted and even watch a bit of football!

No comments:

Post a Comment