Sunday 27 February 2011

Half term

Well I am not sure what you did with your half term, but mine was surprisingly quiet. Not so much so for the rest of the Group! One of our travel Bugs has moved on to Norfolk, taken by one of the Beaver Scouts, and a few planning meetings took place.

The Scout Troop Leaders had another social, but I declined my invite this time and stayed home, they tend to keep late hours and a monkey needs his beauty sleep, don't you know?

A cross selection of the Group Leaders met to discuss the plans for going to The Gambia next year. We are want to visit our twin Group and meet face to face.  I hope that they will take me even though it will no longer be the centenary year.

Plans are in place now for Wales, at Easter, with 20 young people signed up. These include our present day Scouts and a handful of Explorers who used to be at 3rd Ware and are accompanying the Group on this joint expedition.

The new newsletter has been written and will be out next week and the new displays are up at the HQ building; I gave a hand with this. I had a quick look at the centenary collage whilst I was there and really hope that next time I visit The HQ more people will have added their own photograph. Is yours on there? It is for adult and young people.

My last job was to water the flowers at the front of the HQ. We are taking part in Ware in Bloom and so it is important that we all lend a hand when we can. This is the beginning of our project, there is plenty more in the pipeline. Shere Khan and Badger did a stirling job tidying up the compound and pruning the trees and hedges.

No comments:

Post a Comment