Thursday 3 February 2011

Kung Hei Fat Choy!

Kung Hei Fat Choy!

Last night I spent the evening with the River Lea Beavers. They are a very lively bunch of young people aged 6 to 8 years old, who really know how to enjoy themselves, I had a great time and can not wait to go back!

We were celebrating Chinese New Year and I found out all sorts of interesting information, got the chance to make a mask and tasted a Prawn cracker. MMMMMMmmmm. Did you know it is the year of the rabbit?

I also got to watch the Beavers play two games, one was a tag style game where they had to capture each others tails. I decided it was safer to watch this than risk them trying to join in. Well a monkey has to keep his dignity you know (and his hoodie clean)! I think it was almost better watching than playing. It made me smile a lot and the Beavers seemed to be having a good time.

Badger, Dormouse, Otter and the Young Leaders did a great job in providing fun and an exciting evening for the Beavers and I was delighted to have been invited down to the HQ to spend time with them.

I am looking forward to catching up with my new friends at the District Beaver sleepover on the 11th February. (I  hope to meet River Ash there as well and visit them soon.) Will you be there? I hope so because I am told it is a great event.

No comments:

Post a Comment