Monday 4 April 2011

Canadian Friends

Meting some Canadian visitors
On Thursday night I again visited River Ash Beavers.It was a special occasion because they had some friends visiting from Canada! These were Sam and William, a Beaver and a Scout, who were over in England on holiday.

Our Canadian friends were welcomed into the meeting, and then joined in with all the activities, which for this evening was making gifts for Mother's Day. The Beavers made everlasting flowers, which looked fantastic! I'm sure that all their Mum's will have liked them.

We learned about some of the activity badges Beavers can earn in Canada, and then presented Sam and William with some 3rd Ware badges for their camp blankets.

Iona wrote:"When I took Gus to Beavers our subject was Mothers Day and Easter. We made flowers pots and flowers to put in them. After that we cut out Easter eggs and coloured them in, and people who were going to the Easter egg hunt on Sunday handed them in to Toad.

I enjoyed today a lot and I hope Gus did too!"

It's always fun to meet new friends and I look forward to meeting any other nationalities should the opportunity arise.

No comments:

Post a Comment