Sunday 24 April 2011

Reflection and prayers

Softly falls the light of day

As our campfire  fades away

Silently each Scout should ask

Have I done my daily task?

Have I kept my honour bright?

Can I guiltless sleep tonight?

Have I done and have I dared

Everything to be prepared?
 
As the day drew to an end we gathered together for a time of reflection and prayer. The young people shared their thoughts and we spent a short time reflecting on the day. It was an Easter Sunday that most will remember for a long time, for many a reason.
 
Afterwards more Easter eggs were shared and as you can see I got to rest in a tree to take part in the Scouts' Own and then was left in peace for a short while with some chocolate whilst the sun went down.
 
As the expedition begins to come closer to the end (even though we still have a whole day to go!) thoughts naturally turn to what we have enjoyed. The young people seem to be of one mind and phrases such as "best trip ever", "a fantastic place to stay", "I love sleeping in the mill", The biking and hiking have been the best", "The food is amazing" and "when are we coming again and can it be for longer?" have been heard. The Leaders are in agreement; it has been a brilliant few days and everyone has plenty of memorable moments.
 
Tonight's food went down a treat, chicken curry or vegetable curry and upside down cake to follow. Plenty of clean plates and loads of seconds requested even if it meant eating more carrots!
 
Tomorrow will see us packing up the kit, tidying the mill and heading off for a morning of fun before returning to Ware later in the day.
 
Right now though I am off to join in the SingStar! Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment