Friday 29 April 2011

Warwick


We arrived at Warwick just in time for lunch, and to watch the Royal Wedding on the big screen. I waved my flag. Then we had a look around the Castle.

We saw the Trebuchet, which worried me a little bit because I was just about the right size to be launched by it and when I went to visit Herons they built their own version and sat me in it!!

Then we watched the falconry display, I spent most of the time safely under Adam's buggy just in case one of the Large Owls or Steller's Sea Eagles took a fancy to me as a tasty snack. I can deal with Scouts and Explorers and even Beavers and Cubs, but birds of prey....

We climbed to the top of the tallest tower, (which according to fairy tales is where the princess should be), but all we found was a spectacular view, and some handy places to play hide and seek with Ethan. The Princess was after all in London having her Wedding reception, I was a day too late!

Ethan, who is a Beaver, was a little bit worried that I might fall down from my arrow slit, but I explained that monkeys are good climbers and there was no need to worry.

When we got down (after an awful lot of steps) we found another princess in a different tower. She was happy to see us.

Then we went down into the Gaol, where it was very dark and there was a hole called an "Oubliette" where they put prisoners. Akela joked that it might be a good place to put some of the noisiest Cubs! I am not sure though that the committee will agree to him digging one underneath our hut!

Thank you Akela, Gill, Ethan and Adam for taking me on your trip to the castle and to watch the Royal Wedding on the big screen. I had lots of fun and am looking forward to my next day out with your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment