Tuesday 19 April 2011

My latest badge

Just thought you may like to see my latest badge. I bought it whilst in Lochearnhead last week.

The reason it has a train on it is because Lochearnhead Scout Station is just that; a converted railway station several miles north of Stirling. The station and railway platform have both been restored and are now a dining area, a sun lounge, an office and a fully fitted kitchen. In the grounds of the station are a number of log cabins, showers and toilets, and a large drying room.

Hertfordshire Scouts have been using it for almost 50 years and Ware and District take their turn and visit the station, en mass, roughly once every four years, whilst the IMC and AMC are held there every year.

The station even has its own scarf the Lochearnhead Nicholson Tartan, which I believe you can only wear if you have spent the night at the station and as a modern addition there is now a Lochearnhead buff which I am sporting in the above photograph.

Anyway enough is enough and I have a badge to sew on and packing to do for Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment