Wednesday 20 April 2011

Toxic Beavers


A little out of date order, but just before the end of term I went down to the woods with River Lea Beavers. We went to play a wide game and I really must say that it is dangerous in Post woods; last time I was there I was with Heron Cubs and we were collecting toxic waste (although Akela says it was really Tesco value lemonade) and guess what? This time we had to continue the clean up operation and find even more toxic liquids!

I know full well that Leaders have to undertake a risk assessment before any activity and really, I would love to know how they justify getting young people and a monkey to collect potentially dangerous substances - I am not even sure they told the GSL that they were using the Beavers or Cubs in this way!!

Oh well, no harm seems to have come from it, in fact all the Beavers seemed to have a fantastic time and joined in with their usual boundless energy and enthusiasm and left wanting to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment