Monday 18 April 2011

IMC 2011

The station with Rob Wilkinson in the white shirt.
A week in Lochearnhead with good food, good company and great mountain walks and scenery; who could ask for anything more? 

Fortunately for me the GSL of 3rd Ware, and one of our Young Leaders, attended and so I could go along to keep them company!

I also found out that it does not matter where I go, I still seem to meet ex-members of 3rd Ware. This was a County event, with a wide ranging participation list of all ages, but 3rd Ware was represented by past and present members.

High camp
I am so pleased to be part of a Group that has members who still participate in Scouting even though they have moved on from us. It warms the cockles of my heart!

I was delighted to meet Rob Wilkinson, a past member of 3rd Ware Scout Group and former Leader of Lygean Venture Scouts (Now known as Explorers), he can be glimpsed standing in front of the station in the first photo above. He trained many of our present day Leaders when they were still Venture Scouts and is still actively enjoying Scouting and participating in various events.

Snow!
We spent a week enjoying the fresh air and fantastic scenery.

Our High camp was sited at Inverlochlarig Glen with views of 4 different Munros: Ben More, Stob Binnein, Cruach Ardrain and Beinn Tulaichean. These in turn were tackled by various parties and the summits reached. I, myself, got to play in the snow at Stob Garbh which is fun for a monkey but a little chilly on the old toes! I do prefer the sunshine.

All in all it was a great week, full of informative evening lectures, to make sure everyone was up to speed with first aid, mountain rescue and route planning, great hill walking, plenty of good food and of course the fellowship that comes from spending time with like minded people in interesting surroundings, both at the station and on the hills.

959m at peak of Stob Garbh
If anyone reading this is considering the IMC in 2012 I can not recommend it enough.

Please feel free to contact me (or rather Rama or any of our young people who have attended over the past few years) to find out more details or keep an eye on Headlines or the County website.

No comments:

Post a Comment